Saturday, January 29, 2011

Downton Abbey Crumbling and needs help! Daily Mail Online article

I am posting this on both my blogs...I have loved the Downton Abbey series on PBS and am looking forward to the second. But the UK Daily Mail Online has posted an article about the REAL Downton Abbey...Highclere Castle owned by the Earl of Caenarvon who's family is famous for funding the discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb. I hadn't made the connection until reading the article which gave me a "Duh!" moment.


Highclere Castle is crumbling! The photos are horrendous....let's hope something can be done! We at Time Was Antiques hope so!






The Earl of Caenarvon in an affected bedroom

Hopefully an appeal can be launched. Here is a link to the article and more photos at Daily Mail Online visit:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background