Monday, December 19, 2011

Tuesday Cuppa Tea, London Ritz Book Of Christmas, Dunoon Santa Mug

Hello and welcome to a Tuesday Cuppa Tea which I am joining with Antiques And Teacups. 


The top of the china cabinet is decorated with a swag I did a few years ago and is adorned with a German Dresden paper star angel announcing the birth of Jesus.

 But Santa, or Father Christmas is coming soon. I pulled out anothe Dunoon mugs from the Season't Greetings series by Richard Partis that features the jolly old elf himself!






Pretty cute, isn't it? And isn't he jolly! What a long list! For more info on the mug at Time Was Antiques, click on the photos. 

The perfect mug for a cup of seasonal teas. Here are 2 of our favorite Celestial Seasons this year. I favor the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and my Honey likes the  Gingerbread Spice best!






 I can sit with a cup of tea while going through some of my seasonal books. One of my favorites is The Ritz Book Of Christmas which I picked up at the Ritz Hotel when we were there one year during the Christmas season and stopped for afternoon tea in the Palm Court. The book has Christmas lore and traditions, history of the Ritz and it's tea tradition and some marvelous recipes. I am sharing a simple one I like for Fruit And Nut Clusters.







 Fruit And Nut Clusters

"Red and green are the classic Christmas colours and the decoration od red and green glace cherries on these delicious little chocolates carries on the theme. They look enchanting in individual gold or silver sweet cases, if you can get hold of them, but failing that, pack them into a gold or silver box tied up with red and green ribbon."

The recipe has both metric and cup measures, but I give only the cup measures here.

4 squares semi sweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 tbs light honey
3/4 cup mixed dried fruit
1/2 cup chopped nuts like almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts
red and green glace cherries for decoration

Place the chocolate and the honey in a bowl, then either stand this over a pan of hot water until the chocolate has melted, or put into a microwave on low power for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the fruit and nuts until they are well coated with chocolate. Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper or parchment. Press a small piece of glace cherry into the top of each piece and leave in a cool place until set. 

Have a wonderful day visiting the other blog parties. And have a cuppa tea with a friend!

 
Martha~  http://www.marthasfavorites.com/ 
Teacup Tuesday
 
Terri~  http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/ 
Teacup Tuesday
Wanda Lee~  http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/ 
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
 
Pam~  http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/ 
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
 
Wanda Lee~  http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/ 
Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee
Trisha~  http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/ 
Tea Party Tuesday
Lady Katherine~  http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/ 
Teatime Tuesday
Teatime Tuesday
Kathy~  http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Victoria - A Return to Loveliness
Friends Sharing Tea Wednesday
 

 

7 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

Looks like a great recips and I love the mug. Thanks for joining me for Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Terri said...

With your St. Nicholas mug and Sugar Cookie tea you are all set for a perfectly festive evening!
The book looks so lovely as well.
Merry Christmas to you!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Your book London Ritz book of Christmas looks interesting. Mugs are cute. Thank you for the recipe. I am your newest follower. Merry Christmas! Pat

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The books looks interesting and I like the teas you've shown - gingerbread anything...yummy!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

The Dresden star is very pretty, Ruth. Wonderful mug, teas and book. Merry Christmas.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

I do like the Dunoon mugs. I bought some featuring farmyard animals (daughter, who was younger at the time, chose the design) for everyday use because I like fine bone china.
The Ritz book looks like a good read. I might have to see if I can get myself a copy of that.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm pleased to meet you, and it looks like I have some enjoyable posts to read through on here.

Wanda Lee said...

Dearest Ruth,

Merry, Merry Christmas dear lady.., and a happy New Year to you as well!

I love your delightful Christmas post with your adorable St. Nicholas mug and those delectable Christmas teas.., Yum! Simply charming and interesting as always; love those Victoria books also.

Thanks ever so much for also inspiring us richly and sharing with us all of your marvelous tea posts at our weekly, Tuesday tea's.

Thanks for so faithfully brightening our corner of blogland, as you have joined us for, 'T and TTT', and also for, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', on many a lovely occasion.

May God richly bless you and yours during this coming Christmas and also in the New Year in 2012 dear lady.

Hugs, Wanda Lee (and Pam)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background