Monday, December 26, 2011

Tuesday Cuppa Tea, Hello Teapot, Cornishware Teacup, Christmas At Sandringham

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed your Boxing Day. We watched all of the season 1 episodes of Downton Abbey on PBS last night back to back and are looking forward to season 2. A bit disappointed as the UK saw a Christmas special from the cast...but not here in the colonies!




 My teacup for Tuesday Cuppa Tea with Antiques And Teacups is a T G Green blue and white Cornishware cup and saucer that was made in the 1980s. Cornishware has been an English kitchen staple for years. This particular design was by Judith Onions and is a bit of a different shape from the traditional cylinder. Kinda different! I love Cornishware!




And staying on the blue theme, this is such a cute teapot! Price Kensington, more famous for their Cottageware, made this funny little teapot in the 1970s. I think it's really funny! I love the hands and nose with the bug eyes peeking over the teapot rim! To see more of the teapot or teacup at Time Was Antiques, click on the photos.

I have taken a bit of time off the last few days when all the holiday prep and shipping of purchases slowed down to read a bit. There are several books with holiday themes I reread...some of which I have talked about in previous posts. This is one that seems to be in the must read swasonal pile:
 
I love so called Village Cosy mysteries, and if you do but haven't read this series by a Canadian from Prince Edward Island, CC Benison...(maybe that's Sandi of Rose Chintz in disguise???) you might want to find them. The heroine is a Canadian housemaid at Buckingham Palace who stumbles on...sometimes quite literally...a murder and with the help of Queen Elizabeth II, they solve the mystery. 

Death At Sandringham House, where the Royal family always spends the Christmas holidays in Norfolk is the setting for this one and involves the Queen solving, with the help of housemaid Jane Bee, the murder of an actress in a local pantomime dresser up as her majesty...with the addition of the Duchess Of Windsor's missing tiara on her Hermes scarf.  The fun of these mysteries is they are all set at one or the other of the royal palaces. Having been to the ones in question, the descriptions are dead on...of the public rooms at least, the only ones I have toured...including Buck House during the Queen's absence in summer. They are also very funny books.

I was especially interested in Sandringham House this year because of the heart problems of Prince Philip which caused him to have to miss the festivities. It was also  Kate's first Christmas with Prince William at Sandgringham with the royal family, and she looked wonderful!

photo Mailonline.com

Have a wonderful time visiting the tea related blogs, some of which are listed below. If you missed my Boxing Day blog post with a Boxing Day Hunt video of with the Queen's annual message, they can be found in the 2 older posts below.
Cheers!
Ruth ~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Terri~  http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/ 
Teacup Tuesday
Wanda Lee~  http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/ 
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
 
Pam~  http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/ 
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
 
Wanda Lee~  http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/ 
Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee
Trisha~  http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/ 
Tea Party Tuesday
Lady Katherine~  http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/ 
Teatime Tuesday
Teatime Tuesday
Kathy~  http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Victoria - A Return to Loveliness
Friends Sharing Tea Wednesday
Martha~  http://www.marthasfavorites.com/ 
Teacup Tuesday
 

5 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love blue and white so this is perfect! Thanks for the videos. The Queen is wonderful!
Ruth

Zaa said...

Ha ha >>I love that little " Hello" teapot ... It just sort of brightens the day... of course blue is always a favorite for me... I too watched the news about Prince Phillip and wish him a speedy recovery...Bright Blessing for a Happy New Year...Hugs

Carolyn said...

I enjoyed watching the videos you included in your post. The Queen always looks so lovely.
I am waiting to be able to see the rest of the Downton Abby series-I love it!
Wishing you all the best in the New Year!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I somehow managed to let Downton Abbey pass me by completely, so just before Christmas I bought series one on DVD. I started watching this morning, and am so hooked that I immediately ordered series 2 and the Christmas special from Amazon. Interrupting my viewing this morning to put the bins out, I came to the conclusion that I would probably have been below stairs!

Ann Summerville said...

I came across your lovely blog today. It made me wonder what happened to all the Cornish pottery I had when we lived there. You ended up in a lovely part of the country. I have a friend who lives on Vancouver Island - it's beautiful around there.
Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background