Sunday, June 2, 2019

June 2, 1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II

Just remembering staying up late with my family to watch the coronation in California with my mother and grandmother...aka Nana... on our tiny black and white TV...wrapped up in a blanket with hot chocolate and Union Jack bunting sent by relatives still in the UK.


I had a model sent by an aunt from the UK of the Royal coach and horses in plastic that my father helped me put together for the coronation....
wonder what happened to that?


 And one of my favorite things when in London is visiting the Royal Mews around the corner from the main Buckingham Palace Gates to see the coach...


So... congratulations Ma'am on another glorious year on the throne!


 Yesterday, June 1st at Epsom Downs race track for the Epsom Derby...

As our family affectionately says...
Well done Our Liz! 

https://timewasantiques.net/products/queen-elizabeth-ii-coronation-plate-clarice-cliff-sepia-1953-for-canada
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background