Friday, April 6, 2012

Pink Saturday, Bunnies, Shelley Eggs and Kate and Will in Wax

This is rather a mixed Pink Saturday with How Sweet The Sound. The post is for Easter and seasonal themes. The first thing that comes to mind...after the real foundation of the season of the Easter resurrection of Jesus which is central to every Christian, or the Passover or Pesach deliverance to every Jew...is bunnies and eggs!








The only bunnies I seem to have left at the moment are these Wedgwood, England Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit dishes...a plate and a mug. I love the wonderful drawings. I didn't like the books when I was very small. I was so frightened for Peter in Mr. McGregor's garden, but fascinated by the drawings which I still love! So cute! Perfect for an Easter tea!

On an egg theme, I have a Shelley, England unusual plate in the Naples pattern that, frankly, I have always thought looked like Easter eggs to me. I can't figure out why it was named Naples. I've been there, and can see NO resemblance!!!





 Aren't they perfect Easter egg designs?????

In royal news, Madame Tussaud's unveiled the wax works images of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge yesterday as an early tribute in celebration of the couple's upcomoing 1st anniversary to huge crowds in London, New York and Amsterdam.

In London, the couple were depicted in their engagement announcement attire. I think they are really very good!



 
In Amsterdam, the couple are depicted in the attire they wore to a the London premier of the movie War Horse.

  
In New York, the couple are depicted in the attire they wore to a state dinner in Los Angeles.



So you can visit them the next time you are in any of those cities.
Here are links to 2 articles for more on Madame Tussauds and the Royal couple joining the galleries there.

The photos came from this article:
 Kate and William wax figures unveiled at Madame Tussauds

also:
 Happy anniversary, Kate and Wills! Madame Tussauds unveil waxworks of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to celebrate one year of marriage

Have a wonderful holiday weekend enjoying the season of hope, joy, deliverance and new life!

 
 

4 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OH MY WORD - that's WAX?????

Whew. Amazing.

And love your Wedgewood and Shelley!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Ineke Original said...

Beatrix Potter! My favorite!
Happy Pink Saturday Easter greetings from Holland!
with love,
Ineke

Anonymous said...

I see the Beatrix Potter images and am immediately transported back to my childhood. I used to borrow the books from the library.
I think the waxworks are some of the best they've done, especially the Duchess.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth! Joyful Resurrection Sunday to you!

Oh! So, YOU have my Beatrix Potter plate and mug! Knew I left them somewhere. Actually, if you read my teapost this week, I had a few other pieces. Displayed them a few years ago at Easter - then - put them in a "safe place" Haven't seen them since. I've looked high and low for them! The few little bits in my tea post are new acquisitions except for the figurines which I had put in another spot - "unsafe place" - found those!

Amazing wax images! Incredible how life-like. And, how creepy it must be to BE the subject of those images and come face to face with - yourself!

Blessings as we celebrate our reason and purpose in New Life this weekend!

Joy!
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background