Monday, December 16, 2019

Happy Birthday Jane Austen December 16, 1775




Happy Birthday to my favourite author... Jane Austen
born December 16, 1775.


A great Jane Austen cake from www.saltcakecity.com...

Although she had some success in life, although originally know as only By A Lady as it was considered too forward for a woman to be a published author and quite scandalous.




I don't think there are many writers whose novels have been published in so many versions, made into as many plays than Jane Austen

My favourite film version is the 1995 one above with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. The Keiea Knightley versions has too many historical errors to be my favourite. Jane appearing at the Netherfiekd ball with no golves is a glaring error that would have ruined her socially!


I very much liked this version of Sense and Sensibilty with a wonderful cast.


I have a toss up decision between the Persuasion version with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds...
 

or Sally Hawkins and Eupert Penry-Jones... 

Oh welll... I had better watch them again!

And so many Jane Austen spin offs... Peide and Prejudice and Zombies? Vampires? Yep!


And an annual Christmas read for me on my kindle...
Jane and the Twelve Days Of Cheistmas by Stephanie Barron... with Jane Austen as Regency sleuth... great fun, and historically well done!




So Happy Birthday Jane! And for the many gifts of joy you gave us in your writings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background