Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy 70th Wedding Anniversary to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip

Nonember 20th, 2017 marks the 70th wedding anniversary of Queen Elizabsth and Prince Philip who were married on November 20th, 1947.
Above is the official photograph by Matt Holyoak taken for the occasion and released for the date.


70 years is an amazing acheivement! My husband and I are at 44, and that seems like a lifetime spent with my other half.


The Royal Mint is also releasing specially minted coins for the anniversary...





Which is a nice tribute...

https://www.royal.uk/70-facts-about-queen-and-duke-edinburghs-wedding

One of the official wedding photographs...
there is so much I could tell you about the wedding the dress, etc but it is best seen on the Monarchy website, which is featuring 
70 Facts about The Queen and the Duke Of Edinburgh's Wedding which includes videos form the event. A wonderful compilation...
Click on the photo above to go to the website, or click this link:


Have a lovely Thanksgiving
and don't foret to enjoy a cup of tea with a friend!
Cheers


 

1 comment:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my word - 70 years! My goodness!

Thanks, Ruth - I will grab a cuppa in a bit and go to that site. Appreciate you always letting us know these special amazing events.

You are truly my favorite Anglophile. ♥

Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background