Friday, July 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Beatrix Potter!

  July 28th is the 151st anniversary of Beatrix Potter's birth...born on July 28, 1866 and beloved of many!


Her books and characters are still favorites of adults and children all around the world. I had them in the kindegarten class I taught, and the children loved them!


My favorite character is Mrs. Tiggy-winkle...I guess that's why I have always been so thrilled to come across a hedgehog on our English visits...although the sightings diminished as the years passed...especially when staying with our niece how has rescued racing greyhounds...


Her illustrations were so cute! You have to go a long way to find someone as talented...I couldn't begin to do a post that honors her work enough. 


This is her home in Cumbria called Hilltop, which is a wonderful and evocative place to visit...
 
 
The photo is from the National Trust who maintains the property... 
so a happy birthday to a beloved figure in most homes, a a joyous reminder of childhood for many, including me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background