Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Happy Birthday Robert Burns, January 25, 1759

Wishing a Happy Birthday to the Scottish poet Robert Burns, born January 25, 1759.


He is still remembered by many with Burns Night festivities which include poetry, whiskey and haggis...he even wrote a poem to the famous regional dish of Scotland... which I don't like.  


I recently read a cozy murder mystery by Canadian author C. C. Benison called Eleven Pipers Piping, where the murder occurs at a very rancourous Burns Night supper. A very fun read! 

 I also love his series featuring transplanted Canadian Jane Bee who finds herself a housemaid at the Royal palaces and sleuthful helper of the Queen. Great fun!



So remember to sing For 'Auld Lang Syne today...one of Robert Burns most famous compositions. I won't suggest raising a glass of whiskey...don't like that either! I make a poor Scot... good thing I'm English...I'll have that cup of tea now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

background